Monday, February 1, 2010

M. Chapoutier's Belleruche Just 'OK' in My Book


This old Cotes du Rhone estate, M. Chapoutier which dates back to early 1800s, makes a smooth 2007 red wine.

It's a 50-50 Grenache-Syrah blend that you'll find easy to drink. It's a purple wine with some oak on the nose and a hint of spice. I found the tannins and acids both well under control for a young wine.

I liked this wine but didn't love it. I thought it was a little light on the palate. I picked it up at Cork & Cracker in Indianapolis. You'll find it anywhere from $10-$13.

Nothing wrong with this wine and it was good with food. Robert Parker gave this wine 89 points. I think you can easily find better Cotes du Rhone wines in the price point sith similar ratings.

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment